Welcome to Episode 096 of The RPG After Years! This week, Scott and Rich discuss the latest RPG Club news, including the earth-shattering aquisition of Activision-Blizzard by Microsoft! Later in the episode, we convene the RPG Club for Chrono Trigger for the first time!
- The RPG After Years is hosting an RPG Club! It’s like a book club, but with RPGs, and we hope all of you play along! The current game is Chrono Trigger, and the current checkpoint is to complete Magus’s Castle by Sunday, February 6th!
- Catch-up: What have the boys been playing? Rich has been focused in on Octopath Traveller, while Scott has been going hard on Terranigma and Final Fantasy 3!
- In the news: We have a release date for the Kingdom Hearts Switch ports, as well as some demos! And nobody could have predicted how these cloud versions perform…
- News: Out of nowhere, Microsoft has signed a 70 *billion* dollar deal to buy Activision-Blizzard. What does this mean for the industry, and could it be the answer we needed to Activision’s sexual harassment problem?
- News: Former Dragon Age boss explains what “Bioware Magic” is and how problematic it can really be…
- We hold the first Chrono Trigger RPG Club! We made it to The End of Time, so what do we and the community think so far??
- Next week: we will be starting the review of Pokemon Sword and Shield!
- The transition music this week comes from the Chrono Trigger Musical, created by “Man on the Internet” on YouTube!
Please support the show at patreon.com/rpgafteryears
Join us on our Discord server! discord.gg/3WPBgur
Watch the show live on Twitch! We typically stream the main episodes at 9am EST on Sundays. Keep an eye out on Twitter and Discord for extra bonus recordings or time changes. It’s all at twitch.tv/rpgafteryears You can also find Scott on Twitch over at twitch.tv/the_scott_spot!
Send a Carrier Pigeon or Whatever:
Check out our merch store at https://www.redbubble.com/people/RPGAfterYears/explore
We Can Make This Work Probably Network: ProbablyWork.com
Album art by Dizzy Designs: designsbydizzy.com