C R O S S O V E R
Way back in 2015 Toho thought it’d be a good idea to make a faithful live action adaptation of the popular manga/anime series Attack on Titan. Then Attack on Titan’s creator, Hajime Isayama, was all like, “nah, why don’t you make something different. I’m already telling that story.”
So what we ended up with is a two part, post-apocalyptic, young adult epic featuring everyone’s favorite Attack on Titan characters getting eaten by giant people called titan’s. “Wait that sounds exactly the same as the manga?”, you say. Well trust me its totally different. You can read the character summaries below (mostly brought to you by Wikipedia) to a get sense of the differences… assuming you are familiar with the original characters that is.
Live Action Attack on Titan Characters:
- Eren Yeager, a young man who dreams of one day leaving the walls. That’s right, if you are new to the series there are walls, both physical and metaphorical.
- Mikasa Ackerman, Eren’s childhood friend who we thought was killed in the initial wall breach at Monzen, but then reappears as part of the Scout Regiment under Shikishima. But just who is this Shikishima guy I hear you ask?
- Shikishima is the captain of the Scout Regiment; has a thing for apples. Yes, that is all you need to know.
- Armin Arlert, Eren’s childhood friend. He has an interest in mechanical stuff, which is illegal. Basically he is Donatello from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in a Footloose type scenario but for technology.
- Sannagi, the best character in the movie, but you won’t remember his name. He’s a soldier who uses an axe where he cuts the heels of the titans.
- Hiana, one of the female soldiers. It is later revealed she joined the Scouts in order to provide for her daughter. She appears to have had a crush on Eren, evidenced by her attempt to seduce him. Later, she is eaten by a titan (spoilers).
Anyways in this this episode Tyler and his friend Erik, from Podcasters Assemble, guide you through the first live action Attack on Titan film, Attack on Titan: Part 1, so you don’t have to watch it yourself. Although maybe you should because there are some good bits… mainly anything what’s his name with the axe does… he is fantastic.
Listen to Erik and Tyler talk about Part 2 of this film series over on the Podcasters Assemble podcast feed here: https://probablywork.com/podcasters-assemble/ or by searching for “Podcasters Assemble” on your favorite podcast app.
Let us know how bad we suck by messaging us at the following or leaving us a review:
Tyler’s Social Medias:
Bill’s Social Medias:
Checkout Tyler and Bill’s other podcast by following the We Can Make This Work (Probably) Network.
This podcast is a production of the We Can Make This Work (Probably) Network follow us below to keep up with this show and discover our many other podcasts! The place for those with questionable taste!