Here at the We Can Make This Work (Probably) podcast network we believe in endless creativity and limitless opportunity, and we have created a platform with which to promote those thoughts and ideas in the dumbest ways possible. This is the game jam for those with questionable taste!
Check out our itch page here.
We have nine themes for this game jam, one from each podcast in our network. Your entry must relate to one of these nine themes.
1. Toilets (Thoughts From the Level Editor)
2. Old Movies (Too Young for This Hit)
3. Dead Podcasts (Dead Podcast Society)
4. Sleepy Time (Sleepy Time Thoughts)
5. Is this content? (ThoughtsCast)
6. Very Hungry Tourists (WCMTW(P))
7. Community (YDWMY)
8. Lost in Translation (AOXP)
9. Tap A and Hope for the Best (TPPTPPTPWTP)
- This is a noncompetitive game jam.
- You can make something with premade assets as long as you have the rights to use them.
- We will remove irrelevant or blank entries (how would you make an irrelevant game? We literally have a theme called “Is this Content?”).
- You can submit NSFW content as long as long as you mark it as such and don’t promote any of the usual hateful -isms and -phobias. Yes, that includes transphobia as well as phophobia. Why are you afraid of delicious Asian noodle dishes?
- This jam runs from April 20th, 4:20 am to June 9th, 6:09 pm, Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5). We believe this gives participants a nice amount of time to make something fun given the usual demands of work/family/school. You can and should make design decisions, form teams, and set up project infrastructure like source control and automated builds, but don’t begin development of the game until the start time. If you have extra time between now and the start of the jam, we recommend working through tutorials on the engine of your choice.
- You may make something in a non-digital format, such as a tabletop/paper-based game. You may submit a mod as well.
- There is no min or max team size. Check out our Crowdforge page as well as the community section to form and join teams.
After the end of the jam, several of our network members will livestream or record audio only Let’s Play podcasts of the entries:
Bill! of AOXP
TroytlePower of TroytlePower Presents: The Power Play-Throughs Podcast with TroytlePower
Arjuna “@SuperArjunaButt” Gonzales from Thoughts from the Level Editor
Tyler of Too Young for This Hit
Finally, we will record a special episode of YDWMY Reviews where we talk about our favorite games from the jam.