Episode 28 – Something wicked this way comes…
Erik and Justin are joined by their wives, Meghan Slader and Meghan Ache (aka “The Meghans”), for this Epik Halloween Special to talk about The Salem Witch Trials (of 1692 and 1693), as well as the long and dark history of the European witch burnings, the Celtic origins of ‘All Hallow’s Eve’, and even the Spanish Inquisition!
Also on this episode:
- Epik Wins of History: Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein”
- The Bracket of Fails: Vlad the Impaler vs Leopold II of Belgium / Stalin vs Ivan the Terrible
- Spooky History Trivia: Jack the Ripper, The Blood Countess, Werewolves, and more!
- Post-Credits Bloopers – and a random tangent about coffee in Boston?
Audio / Music Clips: “Frankenstein” (1931), “The Wizard of Oz” (1939), “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” (1975), John Carpenter’s “Halloween” (1978), “Ghostbusters II” (1989), “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” (1992), “Hocus Pocus” (1993), “Battlestar Galactica” (2004), “Samhain” by Lisa Thiel (2005)
Outro Music / Segment Jingles by DeftStroke Sound!
Listen to “The Devil in the White City” by Erik Larson on Audible (click here for a free trial)!
Other ‘Spooky’ Podcasts to Check Out:
- 2 Young 4 This Trek: “The Magics of Megas-Tu” (The one with the devil)
- Podcasters Assemble – Season 6: “Ghostbusters”
- Skeleton House: “the Mortuary Assistant” (Guest Narrator Cameo)
- Horror Ramblings (upcoming ‘Halloween’ episode with Erik Slader)
- Podcasters Disassembled: “Hocus Pocus” – coming soon!
Follow / Message Us on Social Media:
Twitter: @ErikSlader @EpikFailsdotcom
Instagram: @ErikSlader @EpikFailsofHistory
All 4 EPIC FAILS books are now available on Amazon! (Get a free audio book on Audible at http://www.audibletrial.com/EpikFails)
You can also support me here: BuyMeACoffee.com/EpikFails!
This podcast is a production of the We Can Make This Work (Probably) Network follow us to keep up with this show and discover our many other podcasts – including: 2 Young 4 This Trek, Comic Zombie, and Podcasters Assemble!