“From Russia with Fun!” – slogan for Tetris on the GameBoy
On today’s episode, we’re talking TETRIS! The addicting puzzle game first created by Russian programmer, Alexey Pajitnov, which debuted to western audiences as a pack-in game with Nintendo’s GameBoy! The club discusses the music, the history behind the game, our nostalgia for it, the dozens of spin offs / copy cats, and of course the all new movie starring Taron Egerton as Henk Rogers. (Now available on Apple Plus!)
Featured on this episode:
- Erik Slader from Epik Fails of History
- Brett from Skeleton House
- Ben from Dragoon Effect
- Kaslo25 on Twitch
- The_Scott_Spot on Twitch
- Zack from Podcasters Assemble
- Frost and Elyse from the Discord!
(Edited by Lokathor and Erik Slader)
- Tetris: Type-A Music (aka “Korobeiniki”, 1861)
- All Original Tetris Compositions arranged for Nintendo by Hirokazu Tanaka
- OC Remix Tracks by Schtiffles and MkVaff
- “Tetris with Lyrics” clip from Brentalfloss
- Samples from the “Tetris” (2023) movie soundtrack: Remix of “The Final Countdown” by Europe (1986) and “Holding out for a Hero” by ReN (Japanese version, 2023)
- The Tetris 99 Theme
Next Time: WarioWare?!
If you would like to be featured on an upcoming episode head over to: https://probablywork.com/superswitchclub/
You can also join the discussion in our Discord server!
And help support our editors to keep this podcast going at Patreon.com/TheSuperSwitchClub!
This podcast is a production of the We Can Make This Work (Probably) Network. Follow us below to keep up with this show and discover our many other podcasts! The place for those with questionable taste!
Twitter | Facebook| Instagram: @probablyworkwww.probablywork.com